Sunday, July 1, 2012

Guiding Readers - Chapter 2

Okay, Okay- I know I'm really late on this, but What a Week I had. 

Chapter 2 has a lot of things I am already doing and correlate with Daily 5.  I guess my biggest concern is the 18 minutes.  With 90 minutes to do reading/writing/SS, I am not going to get very many groups in with my major lessons as well.  Thoughts Ideas?  

Having focused lessons is great, but being in 6th, Im not sure my students have to be reading the same book to work on the same lessons?

Hummm,  thoughts to ponder, maybe I will understand more as I hit the next chapters.

Hope to be caught up by the end of the day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole:

    Thank you for awarding my blog!
    I'm so excited to find another sixth grade teacher in BlogLand!
    Have you considered adding a Followers box? You'll make a lot more connections that way...
    Go to Design (at the top right of your blog), then Layout, then Add a Gadget, and choose Followers (or something close to that).

    Once you have a Followers box, leave me a comment, and I will try to send some followers your way... well, at least one or two : )

    Happy Day!
    Thanks again for the award.

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS See this post... It might work...

    http://teachingmycalling.blogspot.com/2012/01/comment-signature.html

    ReplyDelete