Monday, June 25, 2012
Monday Made It #1 - for me
This past year was my first year teaching 6th grade, and at the beginning of the year my school gave me money to spend and I decided my classroom needed clipboards. Since I have been using Daily 5, I allow my students to work where they work best, and clipboards were needed.
Well as I was cleaning up toward the end of the year I noticed 2 things -
1) The were written all over
2) I had some missing - Ugggggg.
I needed a solution. So I decided Chalkboard paint was a great idea. Hey a clipboard and a chalkboard for interactive lessons - 2 things in one. Woo Hoo.
After painting the front and back in black chalkboard paint (hard to write on pencil or pen and it show up on black), I also painted numbers to number the clipboards (coordinates with locker numbers - no more missing clipboards), my grade level, and the school name (That way they stay in the place they are suppose to). Here is how they came out.
In the process of this my two kiddo's decided they needed to do one too, so it became a family project. So much fun.
Hope I linked correctly and can't wait for next week and a new Monday Made - It.
Of to do some more Teaching, Stitching, and Parenting,